Thursday, August 23, 2007

Interlude: Canopy Sim-Corp

Taking a brief leave-of-absence from Cherokee Harbor, let's check in at Canopy Sim-Corp.

"So, tell me, how is the project going?"

"Well, good and bad. The good news is that most of the studies are coming along nicely. Also, The community is now self-sufficient and we're even beginning to recoup some of our initial investment."

"Excellent! So, what is the bad news?"

"Well, it seems that Agsded has lost nearly a week's worth of surveillance footage and photos."

"What! How? And what steps have been taken to correct his incompetency?"

"Nothing's been done."

"Oh? And why not?"

"You should know that I don't tolerate failure. In this case, I believe that he wasn't responsible. And we may have just had a boon fall into our laps."

"Explain."

"Would you believe that the lover of the YP-890 subject was kidnapped by aliens?"

"I don't find that amusing."

"And I don't joke about business. It's actually rather strange. Agsded says she is strongly resisting the drug. He had her almost to the breaking point - she was standing over him while he slept with a knife in her hand. Suddenly, she stopped."

"Really? Do we know why?"

"No. We suspect that Billy Roanhorse has been helping her somehow. You know he's considered a medicine man? Well, was - he expired during the time frame in question."

"Unfortunate."

"Yes, it is. At any rate, the day after the failed attempt with the test subject, her lover was outside star gazing. Suddenly, a flying saucer appeared and used a tractor beam device to bring him into the ship."

"Interesting. We knew there were life forms out there, but to have this much proof... Are we running a battery of tests to see what how the abduction has affected him?"

"Yes. And get this..."

"He's pregnant."

"Oh, that's rich! Seriously?"

"Seriously. He'll have full pre-natal care. And when the child is born, we will be able to take blood and DNA for testing."

"Excellent. What about the testing for YP-890?"

"Under the circumstances, I think it best we halt testing. We can choose a new test subject later, if we decide to explore that again."

"I'll leave you to it, then. Keep me apprised."

"You know it."




Later that day:

"You have your directions. Halt all work on YP-890. We want nothing to interfere with the development of this child."

"I don't care what you think, Agsded."

"We have conferred, and that is our decision. You aren't questioning that decision, are you?"

"I thought not. I expect a full report next week. We'll also send a crew out to repair the surveillance network and create a new back-up system. I don't want another loss of data should the UFO come back."

"As for the other - you understand what I require of you? Do not fail me in this. It wouldn't be a wise career move."

4 comments:

Lisa said...

What an evily smug look he has on his face there. Looking forward to more.

Anonymous said...

Interesting developments. I have to say that I prefer evil guy's companion. He is a yummy one!

MysticSpirit said...

He's not gonna KILL her, is he?!?!? ACK! That would NOT be good. You've got me officially worried now, Arki

Laura said...

What a look for the camera! Very interesting stuff going on here, I love abductions!