Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Ackart; G1

This family has been cloned from elvish DNA that Canopy found in some ruins. They are not aware of that fact. Full bio-readings will be maintained on them to see if the elvish DNA makes any difference aside from appearance. - R.A.

New beginnings. Always a good thing. My name is Cynthia Ackart. I am the proud mother of three children. My husband, unfortunately, is dead. My children keep me pretty busy, though.

Nathan and Cybil are my oldest - they're fraternal twins. Thaddeus is the littlest one. This is our new home. There was a contest being held by a company that bought up some land to start one of those corporate communities. Cybil's been a bit wild since her father passed, so I thought a change would be good. And, amazingly, we won!

Here's a better shot of us standing outside on the day we arrived. Everyone's a bit scared, but excited.

Almost immediately we had visitors. It's nice to see that everyone is so friendly, here. It's a nice change.

Or maybe they just want our food. Kylie is another contest winner, so we have something in common with her. The other two people are new in town, as well, but they didn't win anything.

One of the neighbors brought their cat, Skye, along. Seeing Cybil with Skye got me to thinking. Maybe getting a pet would be a good idea. It will probably help the kids adjust.

Cybil's a good kid. She's just a bit lost. I think she's not real sure how to handle everything. I miss... *sigh* I will NOT cry. Not any more. I've got to move forward.

Ah, here's the officer from the animal shelter!

We got this little guy, and Nathan decided to name him Ares.

Even Thaddeus thinks having a puppy is a good idea.

Thaddeus is growing like a weed. Here's a picture of him learning to walk.

And bed time. Night-night, sweet boy.

Nathan got a job.

And some new friends.

I don't think this particular friend is a good influence. Grrrr.

More pictures of home life.

Cybil's taken to Ares quite a bit. he's a sweet puppy. And growing like a weed.

Nathan is such a good kid. Thaddeus loves his older brother.

The kids and I try to have at least one a meal a day together. I'm going to have to start work soon. I worry about leaving the kids by themselves. Surely it'll be okay, though.

Sure it will. Here we see Cybil slinking around the house after everyone is asleep.

Doing what?

Ah, yes, sneaking out with the "bad influence".

I'm surprised she's able to stay awake - surveillance shows her returning just before sun-up. Ah, the little dramas of domestic life. - R.A.

Well, I managed to find a job. Thank god!

And Thaddeus had a birthday.

He's going to be a heart-breaker in a few years.

Thaddeus isn't the only one who had a birthday. Ares grew up, too. My god. They told us at the pound that he was a small dog! And what is he? I've never seen those markings before. I know - he's a pony.

Between Cybil and Nathan there are always got people over. The kids are usually good about getting their homework done, though. And Nathan can't dance.

Ares is just a big goof. And he adores Thaddeus.

Thaddeus wants to be an animal trainer when he grows up.

Cybil met a boy. Evidently it's getting serious. I didn't find out about this for a while, but he's been coming by the house after school.

At least he's not the bad apple that other kid is.

But, we do have a different problem.

Evidently, Cybil decided to meet him in her pajamas! And stayed in them all day! Which isn't good when you have fair skin. Plus for other reasons. I don't know WHAT she was thinking. But the repercussions weren't pretty.

I don't think I've ever seen burns like this.

Angry and painful looking. I helped her get in a cool bath and spread Aloe over the burns.

She's going to have to stay home from school a couple of days - she's running a fever and can hardly move.

I guess I knew it was going to come to this.
"Cybil, honey, we need to talk..."

6 comments:

Mao said...

WOW! That is certainly some sunburn. Dang! Poor girl... that looks downright painful. Ouch...

Love the pretty elves! Thaddeus really is going to be a heart-breaker. Can't wait to see him as a teen. :D

MysticSpirit said...

WOW!!! What a sunburn! Just looks PAINFUL! Did she really have to stay home from school??

And WOW! A PONY is RIGHT! WOO. That dog is HUGE! He's bigger tan the young one. :O)

Arkali said...

LOL Yeah, Ares is huge. I really was in shock when he transitioned. As to Cybil staying home - nah, that was made up. But that burn looked SOOO painful. Especially because when I was about her age I got burned once in just those spots, about that bad. It hurts, trust me :-)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous family. Thaddeus has eyes to die for! Ares is a nice big dog. I love big dogs :o) That sunburn on Cybil looks horribly painful! Ouch! Poor girl!

Lisa said...

This family is very beautiful.

I haven't had a sim get sunburned yet. I was beginning to think that was something that was dropped before the game shipped.

I'm curious what Cybil's mom wants to discuss with her.

Laura said...

Ouch, that sunburn looks painful. This family definitely has some good looking genes though.